Welcome to Anchored Joy! I am so glad you are here. I am excited to get to know you and navigate these sometimes stormy waters of adoptive parenting with you. I know together we can bring healing and wholeness to our kids, and do it joyfully! (Yes, you read that right!)
Grab a cup of coffee and read a little bit about my life. My name is Tracee. I am a
In honor of the 19 children I have been mom to, here are 19 things about myself -
- Jesus Freak!
- I am married to my high school sweetheart! (16 years and counting)
- We have four amazingly wonderful children. Two are homemade and two were adopted through foster care.
- We have lived in 4 different states (California, Arizona, Mississippi, Texas) and 4 different countries (The good ol' USA, Italy, Korea, England)
- I have a small coffee addiction. Ok, maybe not so small... (However, I really love tea as well!)
- I passionately believe every single child deserves a family.
- We struggled through 11 1/2 years of infertility.
- Today I am thankful for that journey of infertility because it brought me not only my adopted kids, but also a miracle baby.
- I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up. Being a mom is all I ever really wanted to do.
- My husband and I direct the foster/adoption ministry at our church.
- I haven't always had great compassion for biological families, however God sure has changed my heart toward them over the years.
- I love to sew!!!
- I am a recovering fabric addict/hoarder. Ok, fine. I'm still on step one - admitting my addiction.
- I am a very loyal friend.
- I like to root for the underdog.
- I am so thankful for Jesus. When I think about who I used to be, I am often ashamed. But not only did Jesus wash me clean, He also reminds me that He took that shame away. I'm not where I want to be, but I'm not where I used to be. Every day I am thankful for that.
- I am a mediocre housekeeper.
- I dream of wholeness for my children. One of my adopted children especially. Until all that has been taken from her is restored, I will keep on learning about God's healing and continue to fight for her. She is worth it.
- I not only dream of wholeness for my children and family, but for every foster and/or adoptive family. I want to see families thrive!